Spanish Residence for Foreigners Without Work
This kind of temporary residence is intended for foreigners aiming to live in the Kingdom without working in the country.
- Not having entered illegally into the Kingdom.
- No criminal record in the Kingdom or countries where you have lived in for the last five years.
- Having sufficient financial resources to stay in the Kingdom, including relatives aiming to live in.
- Having health insurance, public or private, valid in Spain.
- Not having severe disease.
Apply in person, with the above said documents, in the Spanish Consulate of your current residence.
- Passport with date of issue minimum one year before the application.
- Criminal record of the country of origin or the country or countries where you have lived for the past five years.
- Documents proving financial resources to live in Spain without working.
- Medicare, public or private, valid in Spain.
- Medical certificate justifying you have not serious disease.
Before requesting a visa at the Consulate you shall send us copies of the documents, for us to validate, or ask for amendments, legalization or translations if needed. Once everything checked, we will prepare the application form and will send it to you to be filed at the consulate of your country of residence.
The response time is three months and you will be asked to go personally to collect the visa at the consulate; further on you are required to enter Spanish territory in the visa’s delay and ask for a residence card at the Office of Immigration. We will guide you through the process.
Residence for Investors
Law 14/2013 rules an easy way to investors and his/her family to apply for residence.
You need to invest:
- €500,000 in a land, house, flat or other real state assets.
- €2,000,000 in government bonds
- €1,000,000 in stocks or shares of local companies, or bank deposits in local banks.
Once an investment has been made, investors can apply for authorisation to live in Spain for two years, renewable for another two years after that (and on), so long as the investment threshold is maintained. There is no limit to the amount of times this two-year residency can be renewed. Properties can be bought and sold during this period, so long as the investment threshold is maintained. Iinvestors can remain tax resident outside the Country, whilst benefiting from local residency and the freedom of unlimited travel and stays in the EU. After five years of continuous residence, investors can apply for permanent residence. After ten years of residence, nationality can be requested.
Investors must use their own funds, which must come from transparent sources that comply with existing legislation on money laundering and so on. You can make the investment through a company so long as it is not based in a tax haven and you have control of the company (more than 50% of the shares).
Clic here for any question.